Rearranged the Hydrangeas
We’re going to Maker’s Faire May 18-19 at Huashan
Frabjous Dei: Let's start a band! -
“Hey, let’s start a band!”
“Cool, what instruments do you play?”
“I don’t play any instruments.”
“Oh, so you’re a singer?”
“No, I can’t sing.”
“Do you write songs?”
“What records have you produced?”
“Can you book us gigs?”
“No. I’m not a sound engineer, A&R person, tour…
: Calling All Indies:Submit Your Games for IndieCade 2013! When: NOW... -
Packt published a new book on Cocos2d-X, “Cocos2d-X by Example Beginner’s Guide” by Roger Engelbert (http://www.packtpub.com/cocos2d-x-by-example/book)
Overview from the Packt website:
- Learn to build multi-device games in simple, easy steps, letting the framework do all the heavy lifting
- Spice things up in your games with easy to apply animations, particle effects, and physics simulation
- Quickly implement and test your own gameplay ideas, with an eye for optimization and portability
- Enjoy building the games as much as you will enjoy playing them
It’s a by example book, so you’ll learn all those concepts through 6 different games.
- Make your games look cooler with particle effects
- Create place holder sprites to quickly test your game ideas
- Load external data into your games
- Build game menus and tutorials
- Implement game-wide events with notifications
- Create a dash game with a textured terrain
- Build a Box2D puzzle game with multiple levels
- Create a hybrid iOS and Android project
I searched for this before, but couldn’t find a solution that was easy or cheap (by cheap, I mean free).
Pavel Kultyshev (@getencapsulated) also wrote a blog post, sharing messages on Twitter or Facebook by following the link in the browser of a mobile device or by opening the client app on this device. I haven’t tried this approach though, because I’m looking for something more “native” to Unity.
If you’d like an easy drag and drop solution and willing to spend, then there are a couple of available plugins: the aptly named Facebook Plugin for Android by Mida Mobile (for $20), Unishare, that also includes Twitter, LinkedIn, Sina Weibo, etc. (it’s $25, I don’t know how good it is, but for 5 more dollars you get way more social stuff, sounds pretty good), and of course, Prime31 also has one, it includes Twitter too (for $65 though).
Macaronics (phardera) also wrote a blog post on how to do this using Android Plugins: http://phardera.blogspot.tw/2013/04/unity-3d-facebook-sdk-for-android.html (it’s in Chinese though). Don’t worry, the entire project is available in phardera’s github (https://github.com/phardera/unity3d_fb_android).
Happy Refills came in the mail today :)
Gloriosa Side by Side
Hyacinth in progress
I’m not sure if I got this right… a Gloriosa, as requested by Liyan
Ruffled Tulip… the Twilight New Moon flower
Next Challenge: Hydrangeas
My sister’s new baby, Kagamine Len arrived yesterday. I was a bit bored and did this really quickly.
The song had been playing at my office quite repeatedly at my office the past couple of days, it drives my colleague crazy. But I think it’s kinda cute, especially when Len sings it.
The actions are based on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv5ppNWtCWk.
It was supposed to be the whole song, but I need to redo his chorus. The first verse’s actions are very repetitive. And there are some actions that a Dal is apparently not capable of doing.
It’s my first time doing pixelation and using the Animation Window in Photoshop. And this is just a really quick test, so please forgive the well unclean background and choppy movements. It definitely need more frames.
So tell me what you guys think?